Welcome to Boy Scout Troop 419
Our Troop is situated in the heart of the Pacific Northwest in Tigard, Oregon, a suburb of Portland. Oregon is a fantastic place for Boy Scouting as the mountains and ocean beaches plus our communities offer many opportunities to help boys to grow into young men.
Troop 419 has been offering a rich scouting experience since 1991. Our Troops’ focus is to develop leadership in our Scouts through focused activities designed to enhance citizenship, develop physical, mental and emotional character, create success, and most importantly, to have fun. We support Scouting’s safe-haven policy so that our Scouts can develop in a safe environment free from many of the influences and pressures of today’s youth.
The Troop’s program is boy developed and lead. It provides a variety of different types of indoor and outdoor activities for our 50+ Boy Scouts. A year’s activities might include:
- Short-term drive-in campouts (Ft. Stevens, Camp Baldwin, Butte Creek, Cook Park)
- Long Term Summer Camp (Camp Meriwether 2013,Camp Parsons 2014, Camp Baldwin 2015)
- Weekend Backpack Trips (Little Crater Lake, Timothy Lake, Frog Lake, Indian Heaven, Twin lakes)
- Long Term 50+ Mile Backpack Trip along the Pacific Crest Trail (2007)
- Long Term Canoe Trips (Bowron BC in 2007 & 2010,2013, 87-mile Willamette in 2006)
- Florida Sea Base SCUBA and Sailing Adventures (2006, 2015)
- Philmont Scout Ranch 70+ mile Backpack Trip (2011)
- Service Projects (Tigard Cleanup Day, Scouting for Food, Opening Flag Ceremonies and many other community events.)
We have a dedicated program for incoming Scouts to guide them through their first years and help them develop skills to become successful Scouters. We also have a very active High Adventure program for Scouts age 13 and older aimed at more intense activities like rock climbing and long term hiking and canoe trips. We also have strong ties with Venture Crew 419
If you’re just visiting then Welcome! If you are looking for an exciting adventure for you or your son and have any further questions, please get in touch with me.
Scoutmaster Troop 419